6.22.2014

Hello Sunshine

Can you tell that I'm really loving the stamp sets I got? hahaa. I have so many ideas! This idea isn't very original though. I had saw so many people doing it and I thought it was so adorable that I had to do it for myself anyway. Of course I put my own twist on it, but it's very inspired by this card over at Christy Gets Crafty. 

I first stamped the clouds in the background using Broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I then stamped the 'wire'  and the birds in black archival ink. And embossed the sentiment with black embossing powder. I paper pieced the birds and then popped them up with foam adhesive. 
 The sun was a last minute addition because it was looking a little plain to me. It was die cut from the Spring Showers lawn cuts from patterned paper. 
I love the dimension you get from popping up the birds but still having it stamped underneath. (It's also a great trick so you can get the little feet). I've been doing a lot of one layer cards recently; I really like the Clean & Simple look you get.

Links to Some Supplies Used:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great tip about stamping underneath, it really makes a difference! It's so nice to see all your creations again. BTW I really liked the card you made and your mom used for Melissa's shower!

    ReplyDelete