10.20.2013

Hello World!

For this card I tried out the ombré alcohol ink technique. I didn't quite have all the right colours of alcohol ink for this, but I did my best! haha. So all you have to do, is pick three colours of alcohol ink all in the same colour, but different shades. I picked a Earthtone, Bright and a Light. After I applied it I blended it out using the blending solution! I stamped over the top with silver staz on ink with a star background stamp from Impression Obsession. I die cut a cloud from a memory box die set and stamped 'hello world'. the elephant and the sentiment are both from a Recollections set. I paper pieced the elephant with some scrap pieces of patterned paper. For the little dots, I just used a hold punch. Everything is popped up with foam dots. 


A closer look at the detail on the elephant and background. This card is pretty gender neutral. Although blue is mostly associated with boys, the elephant neutralizes the gender is my opinon! 



Links to Some Supplies Used:













1 comment:

  1. Very very sweet, I especially like the starred background, and the elephant is super sweet too!

    ReplyDelete